Terms & Conditions Horsebox Rental
Basis of the Sale Agreement
All orders that you place on this Website will be subject to availability and acceptance in accordance with HorseIDs terms and conditions. The following is required to create a contract between you and us:
To be able to purchase Services on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must: be over 18 years of age; provide your real name, phone number, email address, payment details and other requested information; provide a valid delivery address in the United Kingdom; (Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and temporary accommodation addresses are not acceptable); and hold a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
You place the order for your purchase by pressing "Go to Checkout" on the "Review Your Cart page", in doing so you agree to buy the Goods & Services at the prices indicated as well as any (if applicable) delivery charges. Prices are per single item /service unless otherwise stated. An order acknowledgement email will be sent to you detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is merely an acknowledgement of your order and not an acceptance or confirmation of your order by HorseID, only once funds have cleared and all the required identity and requirement checks have been made with the order be firm.
Once we have accepted your order it becomes binding, subject to your rights of cancellation and our cancellation terms. Non-acceptance of an order by us will occur if: the ordered service / product is out of stock or unavailable; we identify a pricing or product description error; or we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment.
TERMS & CONDITIONS - HORSEBOX RENTAL
- No one other than you and or any other driver named in the Motor Rental Agreement may drive the Horsebox.
- No one may drive the Horsebox unless they are aged between 22 and 75 years of age inclusive during the Rental Term.
- Every driver must hold and have held at the Date of collection for at least 2 consecutive years, a valid UK Driving Licence.
- Every driver must have completed the Driver Profile before driving the Horsebox.
- You and any other driver of the Horsebox must not:
- Use the Horsebox for hire or reward;
- Use the Horsebox for any illegal purpose;
- Use the Horsebox for either racing, pace making, testing the Horsebox ‘s reliability and speed and or teaching someone to drive;
- Use the Horsebox whilst under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs; or
- Drive the Horsebox outside England, Scotland and Wales, unless you have requested this in your booking request.
- Confirm your acceptance of these terms; if purchasing online to complete checkout you must agree to the terms and conditions, not approving the checkbox will not allow you to proceed.
- Completed Self Drive Hire Horsebox Insurance Hirer's Driver Profile Questionnaire
- Authorise payment from your credit/debit card online;
- Provide copies of all driver’s licences;
- Provide DVLA electronic check code.
- Provide copies of two utility bills (no older than 3 months);
- Provide a damage excess deposit £700.00 (if driver aged 22-24yrs)/ £500.00 (if driver aged 25-75yrs)
- Complete and sign the Motor Rental Agreement and Handover Condition Report upon collection and return.
- You must complete and sign a Motor Rental Agreement with HorseID at collection of the Horsebox.
- You must complete a Handover Condition Report of the Horsebox with HorseID to identify the state of repair of the Horse boxes and any damage prior to its pick up.
- You must look after the Horsebox and the keys to it. You must always keep the Horsebox locked securely at all times when unattended, ensuring that you use any and all security device(s) fitted to or supplied with the Horsebox. You must keep the keys about your person at all times.
- You must protect the Horsebox against any adverse weather conditions, which may cause damage to the Horsebox.
- You must ensure that you use the correct fuel for the Horsebox, which is pump diesel. NOT RED.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the Horsebox or any of its parts, fixtures, fittings or items added by HorseID or otherwise.
- You must not grant to anyone legal rights over the Horsebox.
- You must not let anyone work on the Horsebox without the permission of HorseID.
- You must let HorseID know as soon as you become aware of any fault in or with the Horse box. Emergency breakdown Rescue is included in your rental charges.
- You must return the Horsebox to the Collection/Drop Off point on the Return Date. Until the Horsebox is safely returned to HorseID you will remain responsible for the Horsebox. The Representative of HorseID must inspect the Horsebox before it is handed back to them so that the they can ensure that they are satisfied with the condition in which it has been returned.
- You are responsible for any loss or damage to the Horse boxes caused by negligence, misuse or otherwise, whether or not such loss or damage was caused by you.
- You must complete a Return Report with HorseID to identify the state of repair of the Horsebox and any damage upon return. Any points as to the state of repair on which you disagree must be clearly identified. In the absence of such identification, you will be deemed to accept the content of the Return Report in its entirety.
- You must ensure the box is returned in the same condition it is was presented at commencement of hire. Extra Cleaning fees may be charged if deemed unacceptable.
- Before you return the Horsebox you must ensure you have not left any personal belongings in the Horsebox. Whilst HorseID will endeavour to look after any forgotten personal belongings they find until collection by the owner is made, they are under no obligation to return any such belongings left by you. If not collected within 1 month HorseID have the right to donate items to a chosen charity.
- The horsebox is not to be taken out of the U.K. without prior arrangement.
- The horsebox is not designed to carry more than 3 people or more than 2 horses. recommended.
- You must comply with the legal load and weight regulations as may apply, you can only be sure you are not over weight by using a weighbridge, HorseID are not responsible for overloading. Should the horsebox be confiscated due to overloading all fines, charges and lost revenue will be charged to the hirer.
- It is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure that horses travel with passports.
- It is the sole responsibility to ensure you are not over the vehicles payload. The vehicle has a payload is between 940Kgs to 1080kgs (depending on how full the fuel tank is).
Rental Damage Deposit
- A Rental Damage Excess Deposit of £700.00 (if driver aged 22-24yrs)/ £500.00 (if driver aged 25-75yrs) is payable in advance by you for any damage or loss caused to the Horsebox or its equipment. This will be taken by Debit or Credit Card upon hire commencement at the very latest and no earlier than 7 calendar days before the return date and time of vehicle.
- The condition of the Horsebox upon its return will be compared against the condition of the Horsebox upon its pick up by reference to the difference, if any, described in the Handover Condition Driver Report and the Return Report. If the vehicle is returned after dark, full inspection will be reperformed in daylight the next day following cleaning. Any discrepancies will be notified to the driver named on the Motor Rental Agreement and deemed the rental driver’s damage.
- Provided the Horsebox is returned to the Collection/Drop Off point on the Return Date in the same condition as at the Pick-Up Date with a clean interior and there are no other extra charges such as penalty charges. Any held excess charges/deposits will be returned/not collected.
- Should the Horsebox be returned in a worse condition as at the Pickup Date, then repairs, replacement or cleaning costs will be charged against the Rental Damage Deposit, up to and including the full £700.00 (if driver aged 22-24yrs)/ £500.00 (if driver aged 25-75yrs), however the damage is caused (examples include by horse or other people).
- Our terms and conditions are without prejudice to the rights of HorseID to recover from you, whether under these Terms or otherwise, any sums due in excess of the Rental Damage Deposit/Excess for damage or loss howsoever caused to the Horsebox during the Rental Term.
- The following surcharges may be charged to you after returning the Horsebox and deducted from your deposit:
- Excessively dirty interior or exterior £50.00
- Ban on smoking if not adhered to £50.00
- Horsebox repairs – The following schedule is a reference to the cost of repair and not an exhaustive list. The actual cost can be a greater or lesser amount based on the actual cost of repair.
- Wheel damage £250.00
- Tyre damage £150.00 per tyre
- Wheel arch damage £400.00
- Wing mirror glass damage £100.00
- Wing mirror housing damage £250.00
- Window crack £300.00
- Headlamp unit £280.00
- Damage to front bumper £350.00
- Scratched paintwork £300 upwards depending on severity
- Missing / broken Satellite Navigation Devices (if hired) £200
- Missing / broken Temperature Monitoring Equipment £300
You must pay any and all fines and costs (including court costs) incurred for parking, traffic, congestion charges or other offences, (including any costs which arise if the Horsebox is clamped). You must pay to the appropriate authority any fines and costs if and when the authority demands this payment. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay any costs and reasonable administration charges incurred by HorseID in dealing with these matters. Any fines incurred and not apparent until a later date will be forwarded to the hirer (such as speeding tickets).
- You are liable for any charges arising from HMRC or Immigration Authorities seizing the Horsebox, together with a loss of income charge for the full period during which the Owner cannot rent out the Horsebox as a consequence.
- On any monies owed, interest which will be added every day to any amount you do not pay on time, at the rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of Lloyds Bank from time to time.
- Value added tax and all other taxes on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate.
- You must pay the Daily Rate for every day or part day for which you fail to return the Horsebox to the Return Point.
- You are liable to pay the Insurance Policy Excess of £700.00 (if driver aged 22-24yrs)/ £500.00 (if driver aged 25-75yrs), per incident if costs of repairs are expected to exceed this amount.
- Insurance for the Horsebox for the period from the Pickup Date and time to the Return Date and time as stated in the Motor Rental Agreement is arranged through the HorseID.
- The cost of the Insurance is included within the Rental Payment.
- A copy of the full details of the Insurance are stored in the vehicle at all times along with other important information regarding the vehicle. Failure to return this folder will result in a £50.00 charge.
- Upon pick-up of the Horsebox, we will supply you with your Motor Rental Agreement as confirmation of Insurance Cover.
- HorseID reserves the right to take action against you to recover the full cost of all loss, repairs and damage suffered by the Horsebox during the Rental Term, which are not covered by Insurance this includes any 'pay per use' charges from Equine Rescue Services Limited in the event of personnel and horse repatriation, veterinary support or carcass disposal.
- You shall be liable for the first £700.00 (if driver aged 22-24yrs)/ £500.00 (if driver aged 25-75yrs), of each and any claim(s) made under the Insurance, such sums to be deducted from the Rental Damage Deposit and if insufficient paid by you within 7 days of written demand.
- The following are excluded from the Insurance cover:
- Any equines being travelled or contained in the horsebox at all times. You travel them at your own risk.
- Damage to the windscreen and windows;
- Damage to tyres caused by braking, punctures, cuts or bursts;
- Mechanical, electrical, electronic, computer failures, breakdowns or breakages; the hirer does however have emergency breakdown cover under separate HorseID’s separate breakdown policy. Details are kept in the vehicle document folder.
- Loss of use, wear and tear, depreciation in value of the Horsebox after a claim has been made under the Insurance policy;
- Claims involving fraud or deception;
- Claims resulting from 'taking away' incidents where the Horsebox is taken by a member of your family, household or by someone with a close personal relationship with you;
- Claims resulting from anyone driving the Horsebox with or without your permission who has not been included in the Hirer’s Profile;
- Theft as a result of keys remaining in the Horsebox whilst unoccupied;
- Loss or damage to, or theft of, the radio, stereo equipment, satellite navigation devices, CCTV, temperate monitoring system or aerials;
- Interior damage including burns to seats, carpets and other damage;
- Vandalism damage of any kind to the Horsebox;
- Damage or loss of personal effects within or from the Horsebox.
- Any incurred livery charges with HorseID if in the event of an accident you require your horses to be looked after. (£20 per 24 period per horse plus consumables at cost)
- You are entirely responsible for the security of the Horsebox. You must ensure that, if the Horsebox is left unattended at any time, it is securely locked and parked in a safe, well-lit location. You must take every precaution to prevent loss from or theft of the Horsebox.
Fuel, Oil and Water
- Fuel is supplied upon pick up of the Horsebox and you must return the Horsebox with the same level of fuel. Any fuel shortage will be charged to you against the Rental Damage Deposit. You will be liable for all repair costs if the incorrect fuel type is used.
- You are responsible for the regular checking of oil and water levels and the use of the correct type of fluids during the Rental Term.
- Transporting generators that require fuel can invalidate the insurance. Therefore, generators are not permitted.
- 300 miles per day allowance and 40p per mile thereafter.
- All cancellations must be in writing or by email, addressed to HorseID, Westdale Cottage, Westdale Drove, Donington, Lincolnshire, PE11 4XG or firstname.lastname@example.org and are charged as follows;
- 50% of the hire fee is not refundable in any circumstances.
- If the cancellation notice is received 14 days or more before but excluding the Pickup Date, HorseID shall refund the Rental Payment less the 50%. The Rental Damage Deposit is not charged if the hire is cancelled and provided no other sums are unpaid by way of deposit or otherwise.
- If the cancellation notice is received within the period of 7 days before and including the Pickup Date HorseID will be entitled to 100% of the Rental Payment. Provided no other sums are unpaid by way of deposit or otherwise the Rental Damage Deposit shall not be charged.
- Change of hire periods if the vehicle is available due to the Hirer no longer needing or wanting the vehicle on the initial order are solely down to HorseID’s discretion and HorseID are not obliged to offer an alternative hire period.
Pick-up and Return
- The Horsebox will be available for pick up from the Drop off/Collection Location on the Pickup Date and must be returned to the Drop off/Collection Location by appointment, on the Return Date. Any delay in returning the Horsebox will result in you being charged the Hourly Rate of £20 for each day or part thereof for which you fail to return the Horsebox to the Return Point. No refund is given for an early return of the Horsebox.
- You acknowledge upon pick up, the rental of the Horsebox and the contents as free from any defect or damage, fit for purpose and complete other than as specified in the Handover Condition Report. On pick up, you are advised to check the Horsebox thoroughly before departure. The breakdown or malfunction of equipment after the Horsebox has been handed over by HorseID will not be accepted as reason to abort or cancel the Rental Contract; any such fault will be rectified as soon as possible. If the fault cannot be rectified within twenty-four hours from the Pickup Date, HorseID will seek to provide an alternative Horsebox. If this is not possible, the balance of the Rental Payment will be returned to the Hirer.
- Upon return of the Horsebox, HorseID will check the Horsebox for damage, cleanliness, fuel, condition of the tyres, windscreen, bumpers, roof lights, mirrors, doors and internal partition equipment and complete the Return Report jointly with you.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the Horsebox is available. If, due to circumstances beyond HorseID’s control which could not reasonably have been foreseen or avoided at any point up until the Pick Up Date, the Rental Payment will be refunded.
- If an alternative is not available the liability will be limited to the refund of all monies paid to HorseID by you. HorseID cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the performance of the Rental Contract HorseID is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result of events beyond HorseID’s reasonable control. Such loss or damage includes any delays to and or restrictions to your rental to which you may be subject.
- HorseID reserves the right to refuse to hand over a Horsebox to any person who, in the reasonable opinion of the HorseID is not suitable to take charge of the Horsebox. In such cases of refusal, all payments made by the Hirer will be refunded in full, but HorseID will not have any further liability in relation to the aborted hire, nor to the person to whom hire was refused.
- HorseID reserve the right to cancel the hire if at Pick Up Date or at any time during the Rental Term it becomes apparent that any of the drivers’ license(s) are invalid or not in accordance with the Hirer’s Profile. In these circumstances all payments made by the Hirer will be forfeited.
- Smoking or the use of e-cigs (vaping) is not permitted in the vehicle.
- Animals other than the transportation of horses are not permitted in any areas of the horsebox including the driver’s cab.
- In the event of a breakdown or an accident, an emergency service is at your disposal. HorseID cannot be held liable for delays, curtailment of journey or other incidental costs.
- You will bear all costs of breakdown or repair in circumstances where the incident is the result of negligence on your part, for example by running out of fuel, filling a tank with the wrong fuel, locking keys inside the Horsebox or losing keys.
- No responsibility is or can be accepted by HorseID for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any accident.
- If you have been involved in an accident you must not admit responsibility. You should obtain the names and addresses of all involved, including witnesses. Take photographs as evidence where possible. You should also make the Horsebox secure, contact the police immediately if anyone is injured or if there is any disagreement regarding who is responsible. You must also contact HorseID as soon as possible.
- In the event of an accident Equine Rescue Services will provide assistance with the transportation of the hirer, groom and the horse(s) to a single destination of choice however HorseID will invoice the hirer retrospectively. ERS may, depending on whose fault the accident was agree to invoice the insurance company directly. Extra provision of other services i.e. veterinary support, slaughter / carcass removal will be charged to the hirer directly.
- If you break the Motor Rental Agreement, we will make available the information you have provided to us to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisations. We are also entitled to pass this information on to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), who in turn can pass it on to any of its members for any purpose stated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Ending the Rental Contract
- HorseID is entitled unilaterally to terminate immediately the Rental Contract by notice in writing to you if:
- Any of these Terms are breached by you;
- You fail to remedy any breach having been requested to do so by HorseID;
- You are made bankrupt.
- These Terms, the Rental Schedule and the hirer’s details set out the entire agreement relating to the rental of the Horsebox. You confirm that in entering into the Motor Rental Agreement you have not relied upon any representation of HorseID not set out in these Terms.
- These Terms are not intended to nor do they confer any right or entitlement on any third party whether under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
Gift Vouchers & Discount Codes
- Gift vouchers are to be redeemed against the hire of the HorseID Horsebox only.
- Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase.
- Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash. They have a nominal value of £0.0001.
- Gift vouchers can only be redeemed once, by the recipient named on the voucher.
- Discount Codes can only be redeemed once and by anyone who uses it. If you share the code and someone else without your permission uses it then you have no claim towards a preplacement one.
- English Law governs these terms in all respects and you submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our website, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
HorseID, Westdale Cottage, Westdale Drove Donington GB PE11 4XG
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
HorseID, c/o Privacy Compliance Officer, [Westdale Cottage, Westdale Drove Donington GB PE11 4XG
TERMS OF SERVICE
This website is operated by HorseID. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to HorseID. HorseID offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
SECTION 1 - ONLINE STORE TERMS
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorised purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
SECTION 2 - GENERAL CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
SECTION 3 - ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk. We would prefer you call us on +44(0)1775 822811 if you have any questions or email us on email@example.com
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
SECTION 4 - MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SECTION 5 - PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (if applicable)
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
SECTION 6 - ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
SECTION 7 - OPTIONAL TOOLS
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
SECTION 8 - THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
SECTION 9 - USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
SECTION 10 - PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 11 - ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
SECTION 12 - PROHIBITED USES
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
SECTION 13 - DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the product for indefinite periods of time or cancel the product at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall HorseID, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
SECTION 14 - INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless HorseID and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
SECTION 15 - SEVERABILITY
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
SECTION 16 - TERMINATION
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
SECTION 17 - ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
SECTION 18 - CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 19 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.